Sunday, March 16, 2008

Samuel Adams Brown Ale

For as much as I like Sam Adams, I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. Not that this is bad by any means, just....average. However, it is better in my opinion than the Honey Ale, which is bitter far beyond the expectations of something made with honey. I suppose I had been expecting something more along the line of mead. Which by the way I will happily review if anyone would like to send me some. ;-) Hmmm...as I continue to drink it, I think it's growing on me. Not a favorite, but ok.

OTN:

I've been sewing, and finished a cloth baby's book for a christening present, as well as two pairs of shorts and a top for my daughter. I've also cut out and gotten a great deal done on a dress for myself (hopefully for Easter) but have gotten a bit stuck on the collar and have taken a break.

Knitting-wise I have ended and am preparing to block the ex-shawl which is now as predicted will be a dresser scarf. I think I may use the rest of the laceweight to make a pi shawl eventually. I'm also making quite a bit of progress on the prayer shawl and am almost done with the second of three skeins. On that note, at Pat Catans today I saw assorted packages of Homespun mill ends, three skeins (enough for a shawl) for only $5.

I'm also using up some worsted weight odds and ends to make a log cabin blanket and have recently done a bit more work on it. I think this will be a long term project.

I've had to pause on the Noah's Ark I was working on, as I've lost the instructions :-(

I think I will be starting a pair of socks for my husband soon. However, none of the sock patterns I have go large enough for his feet, so I will need to do some calculations. My second concern is, will the 100 g I have be enough? I may need to use a provisional cast on , work the feet, then divide the remainder in half and make the legs as long as possible. He has also requested a sweater, but again, the one book I need, EZ's Knitting Without Tears is missing. ARRRGH. However, I think I may have lent it to a friend and I was looking for an excuse to call her anyway. But, even if I had it I would not I think finish the sweater before warm weather, so no particular hurry.

Another short review: Makers Mark Whiskey
Smoooooooth. No "bite" at all. If it doesn't sound too odd, a "waxy" or "crayon-y" aftertaste. My husband says this is the oak and tannins. I still think I like Tullamore Dew a little better, but Makers Mark is also a winner.

I should have a few more reviews after tomorrow...it being St. Patrick's Day and all. ;-)

Erin Go Bragh!

1 comment:

Kathy R said...

http://www.tellurideblues.com/

Here's a great place to try new beers! I've been the past two years and it is a great festival.