Monday, January 14, 2008

Swapping fun

I'm having a blast getting involved with swaps and knitalongs. Right now I am making something for a Gryffindor friend, and am also twitching to start a new baby sweater for Living Alternatives. I think probably the February Sweater from Knitter's Almanac. I just finished EZ's Baby Surprise Jacket for them, as well as a pair of booties from a Debbie Bliss pattern. I think I'm going to use up my Lion Brand Micro Spun, then not buy it again. As with the Simply Soft, I find it far to "splitty"; it comes unplied and snags far too easily.

Well; back to the Gryffindor project. BTW, I think that Wool Ease #171 Gold and Red Heart Super Saver 0376 Burgundy make excellent Gryff colors, if one wishes to use acrylic. If you wanted to go with wool, try Patons Classic Merino Wool in Old Gold and Burgundy.

1 comment:

omly said...

If you find yourself in need of some Wool-ease in Gold (or know someone who is) let me know. I have 6 skeins that I would love to find a good home.